HICKEN CURRY INGREDIENTS
- 3 lb Chicken or Chicken pieces
- 3-4 tbs. lemon juice
- 6 cloves Garlic & 1 inch Ginger root - crushed together
- 2 tsps Salt
- 1 tbs. Powdered black pepper
- 1 tbs. Roasted Curry powder (see recipe for home made roasted curry powder )
- 1/2 tbs. dry red chili powder
- 4 Cardamoms
- 2 Cloves
- 8 Curry leaves
- 4 pieces Rampe
- 1 inch piece Cinnamon
- 1 medium Onion (sliced)
- 3 tbs Vegetable oil
- 2 tbs Tomato paste or sauce
- 1 cup thick Coconut milk or fresh milk
- Wash chicken pieces and drain water thoroughly.
- Add lemon juice, crushed garlic, ginger, salt, black pepper, curry powder and red chili.
- Coat the chicken pieces well with the spices and set aside for about 1/2 hour.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Fry curry leaves and rampe.
- Add onions and fry until soft.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir for sometime.
- Add cinnamon, lemon grass, cardamom, cloves and stir until well mixed.
- Add tomato paste (or sauce) and stir until all pieces are well coated
(If the curry is too dry and tend to stick to the saucepan, add 1-2 cups water & stir).
- Close with a lid and allow the chicken to cook on slow heat.
- Add the thick coconut milk (or fresh milk) and bring to a boil without covering.
- Taste and adjust salt.
If you want to download or print this recipe, please use text file