OCONUT SAMBOL INGREDIENTS
- 2 cups scraped, fresh coconut or desiccated coconut (add 1/4 cup of warm
water and mix well to moisten the desiccated coconut).
- 2 small pearl onions or shallots, sliced.
- 1 small green chile, sliced.
- 1 clove garlic, sliced.
- 1-2 tsp Hot red chili powder.
- 1 tsp Salt.
- 1-2 tsp Maldive fish (optional).
- 1 medium lime.
- Grind or chop all ingredients except coconut, in a grinder or chopper
(a mortar & pestle can also be used).
- Once the ingredients are crushed and mixed thoroughly, add the
- Continue to grind until the coconut turns evenly red and all
ingredients are well mixed. (This can also be done with fingers).
- Squeeze half a lime. Mix well.
- Taste and adjust salt & lime.
- Serve with rice and curries.
If you want to download or print this recipe, please use text file