RIED EGGPLANT CURRY INGREDIENTS
- 3 medium eggplants (cut length-wise in to 2-3 pieces)
- Oil for deep frying
- 4-5 cloves of garlic & 1 inch piece ginger root crushed together
- 1 tsp. ground black mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. roasted curry powder (see recipe for roasted curry powder )
- Generous pinch of powdered Cloves and Cardamoms
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1-2 tsp. sugar
- Deep fry the eggplant and drain the oil well.
- Into a saucepan, add all other ingredients and bring to boil.
- Take off the heat and add the deep fried eggplant.
- Mix throughly until well coated.
- The taste of this curry improves after 1-2 days.
If you want to download or print this recipe, please use text file