OVE CAKE INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 lb Semolina (Wheatlets)
- 1 lb Sugar
- 1/2 lb Butter
- 750 g Cashew nuts
- 6 ozs. Pumpkin Preserve
- 12 Eggs
- 1/2 bottle Rose Essence
- 1/2 bottle Almond Essence
- 1/2 vine glass Brandy
- 1/2 vine glass Bees Honey
- 2 sheets Oil Paper
- 1/2 tsp each of Cardamon, Cloves Cinnamon (in fine
- 1/2 tsp grated Nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp Grated Lime Rind
- Warm Semolina with a few lime leaves. Add the butter to it and
heat until well mixed. keep overnight.
- Beat egg yolks with sugar until nice and creamy with air bubbles forming.
- Remove lime leaves from semolina. Add semolina and butter mixture to the
egg and sugar mixture and beat well.
- Add cashew nuts (cut) and mix well. Next add pumpkin preserve (cut).
- Add Spices and essences and lime rind.
- Beat 8 egg whites until nice and fluffy and gradually add to cake mixture.
Do not make it too watery.
- Line tray with news paper, final layer buttered oil paper
- Bake in slow oven.
If you want to download or print this recipe, please use text file