ALU PAAN INGREDIENTS
- 1 pk. (3lb) Bread & Roll Mix (eg. Robin Hood, Home Style : in North America)
- 2 x 170g flaked light Tuna
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 1 green Chili chopped
- 1 sprig curry leaves (optional)
- 1 piece Rampe (optional)
- 1 piece Cinnamon
- 1/2 inch Ginger root (crushed)
- 4 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 2 tbs Vegerable oil
- Salt, Pepper and Cardamom powder (optional) to taste.
- 4 medium Potatoes boiled, skined and cut into pieces.
- Prepare the bread mix (follow instructions on packet) and leave the dough to rise
in a warm place.
- Drain the two cans of tuna.
- Heat the oil in a skillet (frying pan).
- Add crushed ginger and garlic, stir, add onions, green chili, curry leaves, rampe and
- Cook until the onions are tender light brown.
- Add dranined tuna, stir all together.
- Allow to cook for a few minutes.
- Add the drained tuna liquid.
- Stir and allow to cook until the liquid is dry.
- Add salt, pepper and cardamom powder.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Turn off heat.
- Add potatoes and mix well.
- Punch down the dough. Devide into rolls (30-35).
- Spread each roll on a floured board and add a little tuna mix to the center.
- Fold the dough and shape into a roll.
- Place on a cookie sheet.
- Cover with wet tea towel and allow to rise for about 15 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees (190 degrees Celsius) for about 15-25 min. or until done.
- Serve with CHILI SAUCE!
By substituting minced meat for tuna, you can make Mas Paan.
If you want to download or print this recipe, please use text file