ELICIOUS MILK RICE
(IMBUL KIRI BATH) INGREDIENTS
COCONUT TREACLE MIX
- 800 g finely scraped Coconut
- 2 Cups Treacle (Coconut or Kithul treacle)
- 4 Cloves
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Cups short grain white Rice
- 2 Cups thick Coconut milk
- 2 tsp Salt
- 3 Cups Water
(1) Prepare the Coconut Treacle Mix
(2) Prepare the Milk Rice
- Pour the treacle into a pot and bring to a boil while stirring.
- Add the Coconut and mix well.
- Take off the heat.
- Add the pinch of salt and the cloves, mix well.
- Put Rice and water into a pan and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and Salt.
- Stir with handle of wooden spoon, cover and cook on low heat for another 10-15 minutes
(until the milk has been absorbed).
- Divide the slightly cooled milk rice into two portions.
- On a flat dish, evenly spread out a layer of milk rice using one portion (should be at
least. 1 cm thick).
- Then evenly spread the coconut treacle mix on top.
- Cover it completely (including from the sides) with the second portion of the milk
- It is important to do all this before the milk rice cools down too much as it will
become too sticky to handle.
- Cut into blocks.
- Serve with bananas for breakfast or at tea time.
If you want to download or print this recipe, please use text file