INEAPPLE CURRY INGREDIENTS
- 1 can (19 oz) Pineapple tit-bits (drained: keep the drained juice
separately) or 1 small pineapple cut into bite size pieces.
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1-2 hot green peppers sliced
- 1 tsp. Maldive fish pieces
- 1-2 tsp. raw curry powder
- 1/4 turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. ground black mustard
- 1-2 inch piece cinnamon
- few curry leaves and rampe
- 2 large cloves of garlic and 1/2 ginger root crushed
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (or fresh milk)
- 2-3 tbs. vegetable oil
1-2 tbs. sugar (adjust according to taste and the pineapple used)
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in saucepan.
- Add crushed ginger & garlic, curry leaves, rampe, cinnamon, sliced
onions and green peppers.
- Keep mixing the ingredients until the onions are soft.
- Add salt, turmeric, raw curry powder, ground mustard and Maldive fish.
- Mix all the ingredients well and add pineapple pieces.
- Keep mixing the pineapple pieces until well coated with the spices.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer for few minutes.
- If using canned pineapple add 1/2 of the drained juice.
- Allow to simmer for few more minutes longer.
- Add the sugar, mix well and adjust salt.
- Taste and if necessary add a little lime juice (depends on the
- Add 1/4 cup coconut milk (or fresh milk).
- Let simmer for a little while and take off heat.
If you want to download or print this recipe, please use text file