ELLOW RICE INGREDIENTS
- 3 Cups long grain Rice
- 4 tbs ghee or butter
- 2 medium Onions, finely sliced
- 6 Cloves
- 20 black Peppercorns
- 12 Cardamom pods, bruised
- 1 ½ tsp ground Turmeric
- 3 ½ tsp Salt
- 5 Cups Coconut milk
- Rampe leaf (or 4 pieces Daun Pandan)
- Wash rice and drain thoroughly.
- Heat butter on a saucepan.
- Add onions and fry until golden brown.
- Add cloves, cardamom, peppercorns, salt, turmeric and rampe.
- Add rice and fry until rice is well coated with butter and turmeric (stir constantly).
- Add coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover with lid and cook for another 25 minutes or so (until rice is
cooked) without lifting the lid.
- When rice is cooked, the spices and leaves used will have surfaced to the top.
Remove them and serve hot with curries.
If you want to download or print this recipe, please use text file