IME PICKLE INGREDIENTS
- 25 Limes
- 150 g Sugar
- 75 g Salt
- 1/4 bottle (2 cups approx.) Vinegar
- Pierce the limes using a fork.
- Mix vinegar, salt and sugar (preferably in a clay pot) and heat on a stove while
- When mixture begins to boil, add the limes (including any juice left behind).
- Continue to heat, turning the limes from time to time.
- Heat until the lime rinds discolor and shrink.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for awhile.
- Pour the mix into a preserve jar (fill it to the top), close lid tightly and leave
it in a cupboard for about six months.
- Lime pickle (Lunu Dehi) can be used in chutnies or with rice & curry.
If you want to download or print this recipe, please use text file